Newark Tennis Club
Newark Tennis Club was established in 1887; it is run by its members and is in the heart of the town. The club meets across two locations. In the Summer months and for all team matches, the club meets behind the old Lilley & Stone school site, off London Road. During the Winter months, the club moves to the courts on Sherwood Avenue for social tennis in the evenings under floodlights.
Newark Tennis Club offers coaching at various levels to both Juniors and Adults which is provided by an LTA qualified coach.
The club has a strong focus on recreational Tennis and offer separate Junior and Adult Social Tennis play for all standards.
For those interested in competing, the club enters 5 Doubles teams in the Notts LTA doubles league as well as A men’s, 2 ladies and 2 mixed. There is also a ladies team in the Aegon championship. A very successful junior squad competes in the North Notts under 16’s league.